Friday, August 26, 2011

Exerpt of Doha Mums forum

This totally gives me the heebie jeebies. 


Underage pregnancy 
elainewoollard, 8/26/2011 12:12 am

Ok my daughter is only 7 months so this is purely to settle an argument.

Does anyone know how a (say) 15 year old getting pregnant would work out here? Obviously sex outside of marriage is illegal *but* the age of criminal responsibility is (I think) 18 there the girl can't have committees a crime. Would the parents get in trouble instead?!

[View and Comment Online | E-mail author | E-mail a Comment | ^ Return to Top]

carathop says... 
8/26/2011 12:34 am

Does a law exist here that allows a minor to be charged as an adult?

In the US, if a minor commits a crime that shoes adult maturity, planning and intellect they can be charged as an adult. It is an EXTREMELY vague area of law as it is written in the US. If something like this were on the books in Doha it might apply, as clearing being sexually active meets that standard.

I love when lawyers start asking questions. I get to pretend I actually use my brain for more than toddler discipline and meal planning!

:)
care

[View Online | E-mail author | ^ Return to Top]

elainewoollard says... 
8/26/2011 12:43 am

Hmm not that i know of. I may go and investigate the penal code :)

[View Online | E-mail author | ^ Return to Top]

futuregate says... 
8/26/2011 12:48 am

I do believe that she would be treated as an illicit affair. It is permissible to marry under the age of 15 as I know a 14 year old who married. As sex out of wedlock is a crime in itself here I will make the assumption that if they feel she is old enough to bear children she is classed an adult?

I will so have to ask our friend this one, he is a local public prosecutor. If it went to court don't be surprised if they put marriage up as an option.

[View Online | E-mail author | ^ Return to Top]


sent from IPhone 

No comments:

Post a Comment